The Michigan GT this year will be holding a painting competition.
The competition will consist of 6 categories. The three entries receiving the highest judge scores in each category receive a prize. The categories are:
- Single Model – must be a single human-sized miniature mounted on an appropriately sized base. This category also includes miniatures mounted on smaller vehicles can creatures like bikes, jetbikes, beasts, etc.
- Squad – a squad consists of 3 or more models. The unit may be displayed on an appropriately sized base.
- Large Model – A single model larger than human-size mounted on an appropriately sized base.
- Diorama/Duel – An appropriately sized scenic base depicting the world from which the models come from. There are no restrictions on the theme or content.
- Youngbloods – A category dedicated to competitors 15 years or younger. Any sized miniature can be entered into this category on an appropriately sized base. Entry Guidelines:
- Paint and Take - Only entries painted at the Paint and Take station during the event may be entered
Entry into the painting competition is free with a ticket into any of the GT events. If you are not participating in any GT events, there is an entry cost of $5 to enter one category or $10 for all 6 categories. A participant cannot enter more than one entry per category.
Entries must be entered by the person who painted the model on the day of the competition. No one else can enter the model for you.
Each entry must have an accompanying entry from filled out and handed in with registration.
Entries can be submitted until 10:00 am on the final day of the event. Awards will be announced at 1:00 pm following the drawings for the raffle grand prizes.